View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Is there a way to prevent Calibre adding to the TOC upon conversion?

I have an epub file whose structure and metadata TOC is fine. However I wanted to run it through a Calibre epub-to-epub conversion merely to get the cover to show properly on my Touch (by checking "No SVG cover" in conversion settings). Problem is, no matter what setting I used, I couldn't prevent Calibre from adding items to the TOC.ncx file. (I examined it in pdfxml inspector to double check.)

I tried it with default settings except that I had "none" set for "chapter mark" as I don't want any additional file splits.

I tried it with "Do not add detected chapters to the Table of Contents" checked and that didn't work either.

Calibre always added these additional TOC items which happen to be literally hundreds of page numbers.

So is there some tweak or hidden setting to use so a conversion won't add to the TOC.ncx file?

Alternately, is there a way to set the cover of the epub file so the book doesn't show a blank page in the beginning on the device without doing a conversion?

I'm stumped.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote