View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapmas77 View Post
Strange thing happened to my PPro today.

I have not used my PPro during Saturday and Sunday. However, when I opened my PPro today, I noticed that the screen could not refresh properly . Only the bottom half was refreshing, and it was not even a good refresh. Moreover, there's part of the screen that was completely blank.

I attached a picture to show it to you.

I have tried the following steps to correct this problem with no success:
  1. Reset the device.
  2. Turn of the device and turn it back on.
  3. Pull out the battery for one minute, reinsert it and turn it on.
  4. Push the reset button for 10 seconds, hold it while pressing the power button on and release the reset button.
  5. Recharge it for 10 minutes to see if it's a battery problem.

The problem persist.
The only thing that I have not tried is to reflash it with the December firmware. I'm still charging it to ensure it have enough juice before reflash.

Additional information:
  1. The device was just recharged last week. It usually took 4 weeks to reduce it to 1 bar.
  2. I'm using December firmware.

Do you have any suggestion before I contact Astak? Thanks in advance!
Horizontal and or vertical bands are typical of an electrinics failure.
Never have seen a diagonal scan (and only for a portion) on a screen.

Was the unit subject to a shock or extreme temperatures?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote