View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #8
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Check our site for many of these - they're free.
That's true. It's a treasure trove. But I often end up wanting some title that turns out to be too rare, too niche, or too unknown for people to scan. Such as the memoirs of Hector Berlioz in English. (I've found them on-line in French.) Or of course, Gothic novels by "Anonymous" that used to be available primarily on microfiche.

I also doin't mind buying if I get a really nice introduction that puts everything into context, tells us what we know about the author (if anything), tells us what some words meant back in the day, etc. As long as I don't wind up paying for what turns out to be less well formatted than the MobileReads copies, which is often the case.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote