View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #320
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
So a user downloading content from P2P isn't expected to to be able to tell the difference between a legitimate distributor and a rogue individual. So if that user turns around and shares the same file back out, everything is OK?
I'm afraid I can't answer that question since I've never used a P2P system. Does a P2P client allow the user to specifically choose who to download content from, by name, like Amazon shows you the name of the publisher of a book? If so, then yes, I'd say that if the user were to download content from someone claiming to be a legitimate distributer of that content, then the end user could not reasonably be held accountable for any copyright infringement.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote