View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
I recently bought mine from Germany. I updated the firmware to 2.1.3 over WiFi and also experienced the fading for normal - not scanned - PDFs. I installed 2.1.2 from pocketbook-int.com, but the same result. Tried the same from the German site and the same result.
I was considering sending the 912 back and ask for a refund. Then I tried the 2.1.2 from the Russian site and the problem with PDFs seems to have vanished!
I haven't tried their 2.1.3, since I have had enough and large technical PDFs is what I bought it for.
If they can offer PDF cropping and font boldening as under Duokan for my Kindle keyboard, this e-reader would really be worth the 230 euros I paid for it.
Regards
Which pdf application are you using, AdobeViewer or pdfviewer? I wouldn't mind having it look less faded myself.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote