View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #84
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
The first picture is from day one with the Paperwhite, taken in somewhat dim light with the brightness set at 17, where I usually leave it. The second picture was taken indoors, in mostly window light, with the brightness set to the same level. I did have some initial problems with Whispersync, but never with the screen.

Last Sunday I finally checked out the Glo at Target. I actually didn't think the light distribution was noticeably better than the PW; in fact, I liked it less. I get that it has more LEDs, but I found the GlowLight's top-down light cones way more distracting than the Paperwhite's bottom-up light cones. But I did like its physical page turn controls and the fact that it has real page numbers. I can't figure out why Amazon still can't provide page numbers.
The one you saw at Target, was it a Nook GlowLight or a Kobo Glo? You mention both in your description so I'm curious as this is possibly the first comparison I seen of the PW and KG.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote