View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #190
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamark View Post
tried that, no luck. Could You please tell me what image file is good for my kindle touch, so I could try to flash it if possible from RUNME.sh
also command line like one for zeroing mmcblk0p3 would be great.
My kindle is touch - wifi (only) with adds

EDIT1:
is this ok?

dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=1024

Should I use mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img and do i need any more commands?

EDIT2:
Or this one?

#!/bin/sh
mntroot rw
dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=1024
mntroot ro
The first option, but only when booted from diags. Do not write to the partition that you booted from. To get SSH on diags, you may need to flash the 5.0.0 mmbclk0p2_ssh.img using fastboot. Then boot diags, then open SSH, then do the dd command you showed.

For that 5.0.0 main partition, you might also need to flash a 5.0.0 main kernel image, using fastboot.

It is best to have a matching kernel and partition image.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote