View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #12
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
With 9.7" you will be able to read it full-size in landscape format
I only got a B in algebra in high school (destroyed my grade point average), but I don't think so. Take a basic 3-4-5 right triangle and double the dimensions to get 6-8-10. That means that a 3:4 non-widescreen display with a 10-inch diagonal is only six by eight inches high/wide. Even in half-page landscape mode, that isn't quite wide enough for actual-size letter width at 8.5, nor even A4's 8.3 inches.

You can manage it if you multiply the 3-4-5 triangle by 2.2, giving a 6.6 by 8.8 screen with 11.5-inch diagonal. (Which means that 12.4-inch diagonal convertible notebooks, the largest size that seems to exist, can manage half-page mode.) But half-page mode can be annoying with comics, full-screen illustrations, or two-column text layout.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote