View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #37
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I've installed the new version. Here are my results so far:

- Savory does not see pdf files I placed in the "documents" folder via drag and drop.

- It did allow me to download one with the browser but when I would try to open it, the Kindle told me the file was deleted and removed from my Kindle even though it still showed on my home screen as "Converting nameoffile.pdf". I deleted it since I couldn't open it.

- When I reconnected the Kindle via USB, I found a copy of the pdf I downloaded in a folder called "savory-archive". I dragged the pdf from that folder back into "documents". It was recognized (none of the original drag and drop pdf files were). I was able to open it but Savory seems to not like pdfs created by CutePDF. The pdf contained a table (the original source file was nested tables) with text and images. There was no table and the text was separated from the images. There was some gibberish which I think represented the table itself. I was able to zoom the images which is great!

- I also see another folder labeled "savory-conversion-temp" which contains a text file with the same name as the recognized pdf (nameoffile.txt).

Not sure what else I can try.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote