View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 04:34 AM   #14
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Smith View Post
I had a look at your Prince & Pauper ePub and it seems to offer the embedded font as an alternative addition to the main style sheets — with the alt.css being called from within the style.css (presumably when embedded fonts are supported) — is that right?

I'd love to use this approach in the ePubs I'm working on. Is it as simple as it looks? (main css, alternative css and embedded fonts in OEBPS; then referencing all these in the Manifest) — Or are there complexities I'm missing?
It's almost like that, but not quite. alt.css is referenced in style.css through an @import clause, and it will be read in all circumstances, as long as @import is supported, it does not depend on whether embedded fonts are supported.

The only reason for putting the embedded fonts stuff in a separate CSS file was to make it easier to disable it if needed, just by commenting out the @import line in style.css. Other solutions would imply a larger edit of CSS files, or modifying every XHTML file.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote