View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #41
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudi View Post
The response you'd get from a mailing list for some other open source software I use a lot would be something like "Sure, it would be great, and we look forward to receiving your patches", i.e. someone's got to do it. Each of these variants has been provided by someone who had an itch to scratch, but it needs someone who needs all of these features and is able to code in C++ and has the time to do it. It is possible that some of the changes conflict with each other so it is possibly not just a matter of applying all of the patches one after another. But I don't know C++ so I can't say for sure. If you do know C++ perhaps you could review the source code diffs and see if they are likely to merge nicely.
I don't know C++ either, but I'd be willing to contribute to a fund to hire someone who knows what they're doing to merge these. Maybe one of the creators of one of these versions? Who's still around?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote