View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #25
bicradash
bicradash began at the beginning.

Thank you again for your detailed answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hampshire
The iLiad uses rechargeable batteries and I charged the device on Monday, have used it so far for about 20 hours, on top of which I deliberately left the display on for 24 hours and it still seems to have plenty of power left. iRex inform me that with normal use of three hours per day and at an average page turn rate for reading the iLiad should only need recharging once every couple of weeks.
Nice battery life, so I guess AAA batteries are not in their option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hampshire
I am not sure about multibyte characters, but it would seem to support full XML and full PDF and these both support multibyte characters so I guess the answer is yes, However, I will try to find out.
Sometimes what I find in mobile gadgets is, that although the software itself supports multibyte characters, the system lacks the required fonts (or the framework) to display it.
This is quite understandable, since multibyte fonts tend to be large, and most of it have high prices (due to the vast amount of characters to be made).
I hope that the iLiad has built-in multibyte fonts, or a mechanism that somehow allows users to install fonts.
bicradash is offline   Reply With Quote