Thread: Touch Why I Gave Up On 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:33 AM   #11
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Recommended reads only take a single row in the database. If you download a preview, that takes space, but they only get downloaded when you ask for them. That might have changed from earlier firmware.
The cached images take up space.

I was going to say: And, I have five kepubs, but there should be none.

But, one of them is probably legitimate. The other 4 are Project Gutenburg bokks in a variety of languages that are not in any of the lists on the devices. They are probably the free books that they give you. Changing the language of the device doesn't make them visible.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Quote:
I don't think I have heard that one before. Any ideas as to when it happens?
I've been formatting an ebook (which involved multiple loads, look, delete cycles) and noticed, in the library, that the book I was currently reading was marked as unread.

In fact, the book I'm currently reading, having gone from Chapter 6, page 52 to Home to Library, shows the book as 'unread'.

Also, the wrong book cover is displayed.

And, another bug, it usually takes the Kobo a while (about halfway into the book) before it shows a book cover at all, rather than the graphic Kobo face.

Quote:
I don't think I have changed the dictionaries with the WiFi turned off before. Personally, that prompt is reasonable and something is needed so that a user who then tries to use the dictionary will know why it isn't there.
Then maybe a simple: the dictionaries will be loaded when you next connect to the internet prompt would be clearer. As it is, it asks for WiFi, and when you cancel it, that's it. (this is from memory and may have changed. At least they got rid of the 'network error' dialog when you canceled the WiFi dialog).

Quote:
What does that mean?
Isn't there some problem with multiple shelves being created?

Quote:
This is the longest standing bug I can think of. And it has always baffled me. I've looked at the database and I can't see how anyone could mess up the order like this. And that it changes when you delete an annotation adds to the mystery.
Yeah. And probably one of the simplest to fix. I mean, how difficult can using 'ORDER BY' be?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote