Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #104
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzaku View Post
There is a fabulous keyboard alternative that offers both voice to text and handwriting to text, as well as being a terrific keyboard replacement. It's called Flex T9 (awful name for a great product) and is made by the same people who do Dragon transcription software. For me, it's so crucial it's one of the reasons I gave up my Kindle Fire in exchange for a Nexus 7. Oh, and the keyboard also does swipe. Simply fantastic. Best keyboard - at least of the dozen I've tried.
Yes I totally agree with the recommendation here, FlexT9 is my favorite keyboard and its the fastest with its Swype system. Of course as I'm typing this in using the SwiftKeys keyboard. So maybe I'll add Swiftkey to the list. Swiftkey did not become good until version 3.

What I find is on a phone FlexT9 is far superior because the screen constraints (on smaller screen it's easier to swipe than to touch type) and the ability to type with one hand . On a tablet they are on par and I type just as fast with each keyword since the screen is more spacious and SwiftKey text predictions is excellent. The larger screen size also requires the use of both hands.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote