View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
No specific details of the promo will be discovered unless you call. Thank you for the understanding.
That's a new low, I must say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
No way to win, is there?
I think there is, actually. It involves trying hard to not piss off your international customers. Amazon, interestingly enough, gets this right (or should I say seems to try hardest of all the major booksellers).

Quote:
... but I would like it if PB were still a competitive option by then.
It's sad, but I've pretty much given up on them. If they get their act together, fine. If not... well, there will be other options when I'm in the market again for a new reader. I'm reasonably happy with my PB 360 for the time being.

Quote:
Hopefully this is just a summer promo ...
Even if it is, "call for details" is never a good sign. Honest prices can be advertised openly.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote