View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you mean people like doctors and so on? Modern WiFi security is pretty "robust" isn't it? Not much likelyhood of your data being intercepted, I wouldn't have thought.
I was thinking about docs and lawyers, yes. And I agree that the encryption is pretty danged good.

However, if you'd like to explain that to someone who has both an M.D. and a Ph.D. (in fields completely unrelated to computers), and regards that collection of letters as proof that everything is exactly as he perceives it to be at first glance, and who has heard all about how you can sniff wifi with a Pringles can, thank you very much, and is making the infrastructure decisions here, you just be my guest.

I'm still trying to explain to them that they have to read user notices that I put up on the application, because not everything can be so obvious as to need no explanation.

Seriously, the number one (or two, depending on the year) Cancer Research Institute in the U.S., possibly the world, has only recently moved away from the position that "we will never have wireless networking here" because it's too unsecure.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote