View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #220
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I really don't get the hatred for the Nook because they pre-allocate part of the memory specifically for books sold by B&N. The Nooks all have SD card slots that can expand the memory up to 32 GB. Microcenter sells 8GB cards for $5, and 16GB cards for $11. None of the eInk Kindles (except for the no-longer-available K1) allow you to store more than 4GB on them, period.

I haven't had to use B&N customer service in over a year, but when I did, I never had problems with them.
I don't know about the Nook, but my PRS-505's battery life would be cut in half when I'd use the SD card. I've actually just decided to put some things on my MicroSD yesterday on my T1 to see if it cuts down on the time between my battery charges. Also, I believe that the pre-allocated memory on the Nook for side-loaded books is quite small - 250 mb or so. I may be wrong. For people who side load and like to keep a lot of books on their device that really is a small partition. Perhaps 500mb - 1gig would be acceptable.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote