View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #3716
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
No, I've no glue. In my case I have had just the serious suspiscion that book(s) are the reason:

I used my reader with whatever version of PRS+ --> no battery drain
I copied a couple of books onto the reader --> battery drain over night.
Removed most books --> battery behaviour OK

I suffered that maybe 3 or 4 times.

Another problem was memory corruption:

When using a certain book, on each plug/unplug from PC a message poped up asking to reformat the reader. I copied everything onto the PC, let the memory format and copied back the content --> same message.
When I formatted the memory without copying the books etc. back onto the reader --> no problem. Maybe in this case a too long filename of a thumb could have been the reason.

To make a long story short:

Everytime the reader suffered battery drain or memory corruption after removing most of the books problems vanished. Without removing them problems persist.

A
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote