View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #27
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
What format can you read on your Ezreader that the Sony 300/600 won't read? Mobi/PRC, right? But you have to choose Mobi/PRC or ePub. And right now it seems that Aztek is only offering a crippled version of ePub, so using your acid test, if Aztek opens there readers to inlcude full ePub support in the future, maybe then folks should consider the Ezreader. I think you are being purposefully disingenuous saying the Sony Readers aren't 'flexible' by implying that the owner would be "locked into one particular format."
The EZ-Reader will read the following file formats:
ADE (Adobe Digital Edition), PDF, TXT, PDB, DOC, HTML, FB2, LIT, MP3, EPUB, PRC, WOL, CHM, PPT, TIF, PNG,GIF, RAR, ZIP, DJVU, JPG, BMP, with future support for Ereader DRM which is my preferred format (the only other reader that is available and says they will support Ereader DRM is Eslick).

The Mobi/PRC is non DRM.

I actually prefer how FB2 looks. Does Sony Support FB2?

Not supporting Mobi/PRC in its non DRM format is in my opinion a negative.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote