View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #164
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangio View Post
Yes...I've understood but...there's something strange:I've tryed now your file but...It's looks like the pdf I create...There is a lot of space margin on the right and on the left...if there is a setting to change this so the image can be more great and the text readable...there is?
No, the white space is the left over margin, that makes the image retain it's aspect ratio.

It works like this, say you have a 600x800 screen size (aspect ratio is 0.75 = 600/800). If you then want to display a 600x1200 image/page, and retain its aspect ratio of 0.5, you would then shrink both width and height by 0.667 = 800/1200 and get an image which is 400x800. But when displayed on the 600x800 screen it leaves a white border on the left and right of 100 each.

You can't stretch the resulting image of 400x800 to 600x800 to fill in that whitespace and retain the image's aspect ratio, so you have to "live" with it. If you do strech the image, then a circle will appear as an oval/egg and all the lettering will appear "fatter". It may be visually acceptable to you, but it is "theorectically" wrong to change the original image's aspect ratio.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote