View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxie View Post
My Kindle 3G just gave up the ghost after two years and I'm looking to replace it with something will last at least for 4-6 years.
[..]
EDIT: If anyone has a functioning e-reader above 2 years I'd definitely be interested to hear about it. I've been reading the forums for e-readers but I haven't seen anything about age of e-readers.
Ebook readers haven't really been around long enough to have a good idea about longevity. The Kindle 1 only came out five years ago.

How did the 3G die? Broken screen or dead electronics? I have a Kindle 2i still going that's about three years old, and a Sony 505 that's between 3-4 years old.

My dead ebook readers have all died from a broken screen. The only one I know that's currently available that should avoid this is the Wexler Flex One, but it's expensive and not widely available.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote