View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
I am not sure if this is already happening in calibre but, I am looking for an option/plug-in to remove an item from the calibre library but keep a physical copy on the computer.
Calibre keeps its own library by copying original books you add. When you delete from calibre, it removes its own copy of the book, but not your original. I suspect you know this, but I'm not sure.
Quote:
The example would be i read a book right click remove it, decide to re-read it a few months later and add it to the calibre library.
It sort of sounds like you want to leave it in the calibre library (calibre's copy) but remove it from the calibre database. You are correct that there is no way to do that now. It would make the database mismatch the library. No one will make a plugin to do that, and it wouldn't be approved if they did. However, there are lots of ways to achieve the equivalent of what you want.

What most people do is mark the book read with a tag. Then you can use a restriction and a saved search so that none of those books appear unless you remove the restriction. If you need help on adding a tag for "read," making and saving a search that shows only unread books and setting that search as a restriction, just ask.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote