View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
What do you put on your blog?

I see threads on every forum where everybody lists their blogs or websites, but often these end up just lists of URLs with maybe a little more info.

I figure, though, that we're all writers. We're probably all thinking about how to build an online presence, or a brand or platform. I'd like to ask what do you use your blog for? How do you use it? What kind of things do you post? What's your strategy (if you have one)?

I started my blog as simply a place to post daily updates on a novel dare (something like NaNoWriMo, but ongoing and with lower daily goals) - hence the name "Daring Novelist". The point is mainly to keep my shoulder to the wheel in terms of my writing habits.

But since the point of a dare update is that other people will see it, and put pressure on you to produce, I do feel the need to keep it interesting. I figure most of the readers of such a blog will be writers, so I post thoughts and analyses on writing. Of course, the Writing Theory posts are easier when I am on a break from the novel (as I am now) because I can devote more time to it.

So what do you put in your writer blog and website? Or for that matter, what do you tweet?

Camille
http://daringnovelist.blogspot.com/