View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
In most cases, the different ebook formats are the same price. Occassionally one will be more expensive, but there's no trend.

The exception is the Kindle. Amazon discount many expensive books heavily. In some cases, to the extent that they lose money on the sale.

Mobipocket ebooks can theoretically be converted to ePub without any loss of formatting, since ePub is the more capable format. The reverse isn't true.

If I was starting out buying an ebook reader and ebooks now, I'd probably be looking at ePub rather than Mobipocket. Although ePub is still in the early stages, and the books and readers aren't as good as they should eventually become. Nor are as many books available in ePub as in Mobipocket.

Hmm... if you wanted a definite answer, I'm afraid I haven't helped.
May I add to this that in Germany and France, nearly all the editors have chosen the ePub format as the format of their choice
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote