Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #134
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Well, if it's not the ebooks or the batteries, and assuming identical hardware, then it sure sounds like firmware or OS.

Not knowing if the firmware is a complete software upgrade, I wonder if the update may not have included a kernel or other software component that didn't get updated for everyone? Or if not everyone had all the same components depending on which firmware they updated from, etc. If so, some could have some leftover software components that worked OK with a former firmware, but not with the current. Who knows?
Interesting. I think I might do a factory reset (again), and let it setup and update via the Desktop. That's something I never do. Lets do something I never do

Quote:
It may be apocryphal, but once upon a time the story went around that a major chip fabricator employed quite a number of women and was experiencing a far higher incidence of failures than they should have. They found that the problem was static electricity and their solution was to force the female employees to stop wearing any clothing or underclothing made from nylon when working!
Hahahaha, reading that I was expecting some huge sexist comment to come, but it's actually logical and even funny. I think I'll make sure to take my bra off before doing the update via Desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Oh yes, I too think the likelihood is a bug in the firmware, I was just saying that the bug might not be triggering for everyone because people might be using their Kobo's in different ways (that's what I meant by different usage patterns).
Ah right okay. We're fully agreed then

Quote:
I'm at 8 full days since charging, with 13.5 hours of that reading with lighting on low, and still at 75% according to the battery meter.
Nice! My Glo's second cycle ended this morning. It was at 49% last night around 20:30 (8.30 pm ), I put it back to sleep without any use and it was dead when I looked at it this morning. That means only less than 89 hours this time, or 3.7 days. How fun.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote