Thread: PRS-500 lbhook.sh support patch
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gseryakov
So Reader lets you read the flash partitions by addresses and write by names?
Amazed of this. I was afraid that you were going to need to dd it, and of course you can not dd if you can not to run scripts. But straight access to the partition is a bless! Moreover tiu need it, because a file by file extract is not able to recover ln files, /dev things and all these "minor" issues.

Quote:
Today 01:51 PM
Did you got to sleep, igorsk ?

Quote:
What is the difference between cramfs from Reader and Librie? I mean - after mounting the cramfs-es.
Judging from the filesystem dumps, the architecture of the aplication has changed, but it seems that the Operating System is the same. Meaning that perhaps the communication trick (console access via usb) could work straight from librie to reader without modification, and perhaps even the display utilities to upload jpg from scripts. Next steps are, in random order:

a) try for console access via USB.
b) try to show a picture in the display using command line utilities.
c) try my command line utilities for DJVU files.
d) review how to compile Andrew's "simple reader", of if it works straighforward.
e) if not console access, create a "SMS-phone" way to enter text to show it in the console. Note that the netpbm utilities, a lot of them, are included in the djvu package, and this includes some text display utility, I believe to remember.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote