View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #13
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smee View Post
This kind of fits in with the discussions about Astak (EZReader) being told that devices in the US that support mobi DRM are not allowed to support any other DRM.
I believe that's a requirement in Mobipocket licencing for devices anywhere, not just the US. At least, I remember some talk about possible problems on eg. the Cybook, should it support, say, DRMed PDF or EPUB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smee View Post
If Amazon is going to open up their distribution, they probably want to monopolize it and discourage you from buying from anyone else.
Hell, just opening up their store for Mobipocket DRM would essentially monopolize the market, I think. With the amount of books they have available, you wouldn't have to go to any other place for just about anything you read.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote