View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
TopKnot
TopKnot began at the beginning.

Device: looking
Thanks for the quick responses. I'm looking more into the readers you suggested, Harry. The prices are all similar, and the readers themselves seem to each have their own shining points. So long as I can use my *.lit books, and the supported formats are easily available, I'm definitely going to get one of these readers.

A few questions:

The Kindle's 'experimental' web browser - I've heard next to nothing except on here, and most of the posts here seem to be saying that it's really bad, especially considering the EVDO battery drain. Is it navigatable, useful? I read online fiction, so while the pages aren't large (text only, usually), there are normally alot - one 'book' i read on fanfiction.net was over 800,000 words (roughly, what, 4000 pages?). This involves not only alot of scrolling (pageflipping?), but clicking "next chapter" links.

The Sony 505 - what is the memory card used there? I thought I saw something here that said SD, but I can't find it again, and Sony's sight is SUPER unhelpful.

Is there a big advantage that the CyBook has over the 505? To be honest, I'm leaning Kindle if the web browsing is worth it, and CyBook or Sony if it isn't. Out of those two, I'm leaning Sony, but only for price reasons. I can't find too much of a difference between the two, especially considering that I don't have any proprietary ebooks.

Thanks again!
TopKnot is offline   Reply With Quote