View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnjkl View Post
I finally update my modified dictionary into firmware 2.15:

1 update kobo desktop to latest.
2 connect my kobo touch to my computer (my firmware is 1.9.17).
3 kobo desktop will prepare upgrade package for it.
4 under the .kobo folder of my reader, there is some file named dict???.gz.
5 open dict?.gz with a compressor (i am using 7z.exe)
6 replace files inside dict?.gz with my modified dictionary for 1.9.17.
7 disconnect ereader from my computer.
8 after all upgrade is finished, my modified dictionary is ready.
I am glad that your modified dictionary is working. I am still not able to do it with the Japanese dictionary. Could you tell me which dictionary you replaced? I am especially interested whether the recent (original) version consists of gzipped html files (signature 1F8B08), like the English-English dictionary, or of html files with another encoding (no signature), like the French-French dictionary.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote