View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
XSL, ADE & Readers

Usually, the mention of XSL around here gets one spat at - I'll hold my face up strong and proud for the spitter-want-er-do-ers.

One of the features/complaints abut ADE is that it supports XSL:FO, as a way to extend the limitations that the epub spec put down for css. As it hasn't been officially blessed the the EPUB Spec Crowd, it is often looked down upon by the purists who foresee doom for those who use it, as there is, supposedly, a day out there that is will no longer function, rendering all that work useless as the new spec get written into the epub rendering softwares, and oh my gosh, where's my spittoon?

So, the questions are:

Just how much of the XSL spec is achievable with ADE?
Are there cool things we can do with the conditional formatting there (supposing we could survive the spit)?
Are there are readers that are based on ADE that support it as well? And, what are their limitations?

Closing my eyes, ready,
-brewt
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote