View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchowdhr View Post
Following a tip from Hadrien (Feedbooks.com), I found that it is easier to access the websites I visit, directly by creating a .prc file with links on them. I first created a word file with weblinks and then converted it to a .prc file using Mobicreator. This saves a few clicks by first going to Menu, and then Experimental and then clicking on Bookmarks. Here is a file I created that you can place in the Documents folder on your Kindle and try it yourself. I still don't know how to create links to books and documents on my Kindle itself.
This should help: http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...hyperlinks.htm

Quote:
Linking to another ebook

You use the oeb:redirect special URL to link to a different ebook. The syntax is:
<a href="oeb:redirect?title=DatabaseName">External Link</a>

Where DatabaseName is the database name of the target ebook file to open. Using oeb:redirect, you do not have to know the exact location of the taget ebook on the device provided it is accessible from the library of the Mobipocket Reader.
You can specify the database name of an ebook using the <DatabaseName> entry in <x-metadata> part of the OPF publication file or use the one automatically computed by PRCGen from the book title. PRCGen displays the database name when compiling an ebook file using the following message: Info(prcgen): The document identifier is: "...."

WARNING: the database name is not the title of the document!
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote