View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #19
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
Multiple first-person viewpoints is a bit oddball - I'd normally expect a single viewpoint in first, and multiple viewpoints in third (or multiple viewpoints with one first and others third) - but as long as I'm not confused (or, not by accident, at least) I'm fine.
I agree with DrNefario. My favorite author, Louis L'Amour, does both first-person and third-person. But, in books with more than one main character, never does first-person. It just seems odd and would get confusing trying to remember who's point of view I was in whether it's in stated in the heading or first paragraph or whatever.

Sue Grafton always does first-person and it makes the stories seem more real to me. But again, there's only one main character. There's never any question who the "I" is.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote