View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:16 AM   #21
fragomatik
Klaatu Barada cough-cough
fragomatik began at the beginning.

Device: ECO Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlee4 View Post
fragomatik ... I think this will be the route I will be taking also ... Astak are useless.
If I'd had all the time in the world to wait, I would've waited for Jinke to bring out their 9" model. I'd been looking for a suitable reader in oz for about 6 months. The iPad was overkill, over-priced and power-hungry. The Kobo had too few formats. And BeBook? Well, their inflated prices are the reason I looked overseas at Astak's offering in the first place.

I found MR in early August (I think) and started reading posts and lurking around for a while. I learned about Astak, and robertb and read some of his posts. I thought "...hey that's pretty cool, the marketing dude for the company is helpful, and posts all the time, and he seems to know his stuff...". For me that was a mark in Astak's favour, so...

A week later I go to place an order and their international shopping page shows out of stock for everything! WTF? I come here and find out robertb is gone. That's when I registered here and posted my original query to Jennifer.

I have no doubt that Astak/Ezreader will overcome all their current difficulties in time. I'd certainly consider buying a 9" reader (or two) from them if they ever release one, if it's competitively priced and if the support is there...why not? But right now? Here in oz? It's a no-brainer
fragomatik is offline   Reply With Quote