View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
MR new book posting rules

I recently uploaded an epub to MR, and noticed a statement about new rules for book posting:

"Due to a planned migration to a new system we would like to make our library strictly compliant with "Life+70" copyright law. With immediate effect, therefore, we will no longer accept new book uploads unless they are either in the "Life+70" public domain, or covered by a CC (or similar) licence. Please don't upload any book unless its author died before 1st Jan 1943, or it licensed for free distribution. If you have further questions feel free to contact Harry. Thanks!"

As I interpret the above statement, it means that books published before 1924 that are are pd in the US are NOT suitable for posting on MR, and certainly not those meeting Canadian "Life +50" even though there seems no change in the Canadian law that I could find on the internet.

Can anyone clarify the statement for me? And I wonder why the change from something that seemed to work so well? Is MR moving to Europe?

Last edited by bobcdy; 06-09-2013 at 06:18 PM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote