View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 02:45 AM   #15
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
According to Mahaney, the Citi analyst quoted: "The number of Kindle books sold this year will increase to an estimated 314 million, from 124 million in 2010. And Mahaney expects that number to grow another 140 percent in 2012 to 752 million."

Momma! That's a lot of electrons changing hands!

In yesterday's Amazon Annual Meeting, Jeff Bezos said the company is selling more ebooks -- units sales and revenue -- than pbooks ... even while pbooks continues to grow in unit sales and revenue. Slice and dice Amazon's data any way you like ... it's a remarkable business that did not exist four years ago and was barely a blip two years ago.

The analyst also estimates that the installed base of Kindles at Jun 2011 is 15.5 million and that this will grow to 26 million by end of year 2011. Put another way: Amazon is shipping/selling 60,000 Kindles every day to end user consumers either directly or through its associate sales channels.

Amazing.
I wonder if that includes sales of the KSO units that occur at places like Wal-Mart. For a while now they've had the Nook and other ereaders on display in the electronics section at Wal-Mart and the other day when I was there (I get meds through the pharmacy) I was walking round while waiting for my meds to be ready and noticed that Kindle has finally infiltrated Wal-Mart's electronics section.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote