View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #67
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
I tend to use shorcuts as MustRead (or favourite) view, so I was thinking on a simple external application, "INBOX Manager":

Code:
1. read <sd_card>/INBOX folder contents (files or directories)
2. create a treeview with 4 columns: 
    - chosen_destination? toggle or icon (not editable, false by default)
    - file/directory name (not editable)
    - create_shorcut? toggle or icon (editable)
    - destination path (null by default, hidden)
3. if user tap over a row a destination selection dialog is showed, which would fill 
    the 4th column with the selected path and mark the 1st one
4. before closing, loop over the files/dirs
    - if chosen_destination is marked:
      . move file/dir from INBOX to its destination path
      . if create_shortcut -> create shorcut
    . run mdbindex to reindex files. It would remove old entried from INBOX indeeed (so no need to play with the DB
I think I can code it in Lua in a few hours.

What do you think?
Iņigo
Sound great, since I do not have much experience with Lua I tend to forget that you ported it. This would be great to show the strength of Lua (and inspire other people to write more apps/utilities :-).

An extension I could think of (for a later version) is to add a tag-field that would update the tag of an file (after copying and mdindexing).

Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote