Thread: Kobo Patcher
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #36
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kslaght View Post
Hi everyone

Thanks for getting this info out there, and for reformatting and coloring the config file, treadlightly.

I cannot, however, get this to work on my Glo with 2.8.1.
I copied treadlightly's config file and then changed only the 3 numbers in green to 60,60,10 (as mentioned a few times), but didn't see any results after updating. Same results with different numbers.

I then enabled the 'Disable reading footer style' patch, and it worked. I don't want to get rid of the page numbers, but at least I know my updates are being applied.

I tried using the original config file, just in case I copied it poorly, which didn't work either.

Am I missing something here? I believe I've done this all properly, but perhaps someone can provide my missing link.
I left the first patch (Disable reading footer style) set to patch-enable = no and the second patch (Custom reading footer style) set to patch-enable = yes.

In that rather long line, you'll find the various devices referred to in two places.

The first reference seems to be the factory values and I think it is being used to check that you are modifying a factory libnickel.so.1.0.0 so I would not modify it. The second reference is the one to be modified. I've included both sets here.

Since I have an Aura, these are way I set the values for it:

First reference: ReadingFooter[deviceCodeName="dragon"] {\n\tmin-height: 120px;\n\tmax-height: 120px;\n\tqproperty-footerMargin: 20;

Second reference: ReadingFooter[deviceCodeName="dragon"] {\n\tmin-height: 60px;\n\tmax-height: 60px;\n\tqproperty-footerMargin: 10;

For a Glo, you would modify the values in the second reference to kraken/phoenix. Since the Glo is lower resolution, I'd suggest trying values around 40 for the min and max height. I still haven't found what the footerMargin does so I'd suggest setting it to 10.

ReadingFooter[deviceCodeName="kraken"],
ReadingFooter[deviceCodeName="phoenix"] {
min-height: 40px;
max-height: 40px;
qproperty-footerMargin: 10;
}

To make it easier to read the line, I copied it into my favourite text editor and replace the \n pairs with an end of line and the \t pairs with a tab character which gives a result similar to below.

Code:
`ReadingFooter {
	min-height: 70px;
	max-height: 70px;
	qproperty-footerMargin: 40;
}

min-height: 82px;
	max-height: 82px;
	qproperty-footerMargin: 110;
}

ReadingFooter[deviceCodeName="dragon"] {
	min-height: 120px;
	max-height: 120px;
	qproperty-footerMargin: 20;
}

* {
	font-size: 16px;
}

[deviceCodeName="kraken"], 
[deviceCodeName="phoenix"] {
	font-size: 20px;
}

[deviceCodeName="dragon"] {
	font-size: 26px;
}

[localeName="ja_JP"] {
	font-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;
}`,

`ReadingFooter {
	min-height: 70px;
	max-height: 70px;
	qproperty-footerMargin: 40;
}

min-height: 82px;
	max-height: 82px;
	qproperty-footerMargin: 110;
}

ReadingFooter[deviceCodeName="dragon"] {
	min-height: 60px;
	max-height: 60px;
	qproperty-footerMargin: 10;
}

* {
	font-size: 16px;
}

[deviceCodeName="kraken"], 
[deviceCodeName="phoenix"] {
	font-size: 20px;
}

[deviceCodeName="dragon"] {
	font-size: 26px;
}

[localeName="ja_JP"] {
	font-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;
}`
Good luck!

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 08-17-2013 at 05:26 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote