View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
saxondawg
Connoisseur
saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What happens sometimes when a collection is made from separate eBooks is that the publisher just takes the needed XML files as is including the stylesheets. They don't merge the stylesheets or even make the formatting consistent among the different stories.
Well, that's the sign of hack editing. As someone who makes his living in publishing, I can see that the great "e-book scare" is largely subsiding for this very reason: readers hate poorly produced productions. Read the Amazon boards and you'll see that a typo here or there drives them crazy. They're used to better, and they should be. We've had armies of professional proofreaders in the past. Now we're having authors uploading their books with no idea of how to format.

By the way--I'm hooked on Sigil now. TheDucks, was it you who introduced me to this? I actually enjoy fine-tuning a book file in Sigil as much as I enjoy the Calibre library and conversion process.
saxondawg is offline   Reply With Quote