Thread: MobileRead December 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 02:19 AM   #51
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Because it's a lousy read. It's one of those books that once you read it, you want that wasted part of your life back.
Not sure about Ethan Frome, but I felt that way about Dostoyevsky and some Hardy... Even Grapes of Wrath was a story I was relieved to finish.

Life's too short (and my TBR list too long!) to read books that bum me out. (higher tolerance if it's historically accurate and informative historical fiction)

I wouldn't say they're bad or poorly written based on that, though - just not my cup of tea. Neither is SF, dystopian, or depressing fantasy.

I'll give Ethan Frome a chance, especially since it's so short. I'll sandwich it between Georgette Heyer and Julie Garwood romps, just in case.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote