View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Who has the courage to start this?

(I'm too busy playing my pinball machine.)

Don
Hmmm ... considering that "dumb" actually means unable to speak. I would have to say that since a question cannot speak (and can only be spoken), then all questions are by definition "dumb."

Some people are also dumb, but far from stupid. Same goes for animals (which is where we got the phrase "dumb animal").

As for stupid questions, there are plenty of those out there, along with stupid people. Most of the really stupid questions have more to do with the inability of the asker to listen to either what they are saying or what the other person says in response.

Every once in a while, however, there is a question that pushes the boundaries of sheer stupidity. Such as the one I was asked by a nurse who handed me a container of what looked to be ketchup (or catsup), told me it was urine and then asked me "Do you think there's blood in it?"

Any question the answer to which would normally begin with "DUH" is probably a stupid question. When you have the urge to whack the asker over the head with the nearest blunt object, it was probably a stupid question. When you find yourself doing a quick IQ analysis of the asker and coming back with an answer of 25 at best, it was probably a stupid question.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote