View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #94
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Locking the door of physical bookstores also puts a burden on the paying customer. If everyone was like me, they could trust that the money would be put near the register when I, on rare occasion, took a book during unstaffed hours. But because they don't trust the public, they have to lock doors, put in alarms, spy on customers with mirrors, threaten to jail shoplifters, and so forth. There may be an ultra-low-crime area on this planet where a bookstores does, quietly and without publicity, welcome customers when unstaffed. But, generally, it would reduce revenue.

As far as I can see, a lock on the door is no more or less a sign of distrusting readers than is DRM.
I haven't paid for the bookstore. Before you have my money, you may inconvenience me all you wish.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote