View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystl View Post
Are tables (basic list tables) horrible for epub?
Not necessarily. It depends on how you formatted them. Why don't you simply copy a couple of rows, paste them into the default document in Sigil in Book View (Wysiwig) mode and then save it as an ePub to test it with your Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystl View Post
i.e. If I were to import/resave the word doc table with the alphabet hyperlink TOC (I can get that far without any problem) to html (it can be saved that way from the program--simple) can I then convert it fairly cleanly via calibre? Or will the table formatting screw everything up?
Simply save your Word doc as filtered .html file, add the file to a new Sigil project and then save it as an ePub. This should give you a pretty good idea what the end result will look like. (The final file will require some fine-tuning. E.g splitting the main document into several smaller chapters, style changes, generating an .ncx file etc.)

However, if I had your reader, I'd go a different route. I'd root it and install Colordict and FBReader and/or CoolReader. Then I'd convert my dictionary to the StarDict format, which is supported by Colordict and use it with my books in FBReader or CoolReader.

BTW, creating a StarDict dicionary is rather easy, since there are several scripts available for converting a tab delimited text file to the StarDict input format and the actual StarDict dictionary generator is also available for free.
You also wouldn't have to create a TOC, because StarDict automatically generates a search index.

If you decide to go that route, you should also make sure that StarDict dictionaries for the language combination that you're interested in don't already exist, because there's no point in reinventing the wheel.

BTW, what language combination are you interested in?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote