View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 12:47 AM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Really this is very typical of the big leader brand in any industry. When they finally add a new feature it's the greatest thing since sliced bread even if their competitors have done it for years.
Yeah, I guess Apple's been getting away with some of that for years.

Having read some articles and watched a video (yes, that's what I do on a Friday night. Call me Mr. Excitement), the combination of the Kindle's new layout engine and the Bookerly font does some gorgeous things with kearning and ligatures that make a page on the Paperwhite look more like a page in a print book.

So I don't want to say they haven't done anything. I am just surprised at the excitement over something Kindle should have been doing for years.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 06-27-2015 at 12:51 AM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote