View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
So, I take it that you do make use of them in some way? I ask out of curiosity, not to be argumentative. I'm one of those who pays little attention to them in books I purchase. And I think you're right about them not being suitable (generally) for classifying, if only because they aren't a controlled vocabulary (unlike BISAC codes).
I have a "staging" calibre library where my new purchases are quarantined for a bit. Usually only long enough to "fix" any wonky metadata, to add any relevant series info, convert (if necessary) and to check for--and fix--glaring formatting issues that will detrimentally affect my reading enjoyment. It's at this point where I usually add a few "sensible" tags that make sense to me and my library. After that, it's off to the permanent calibre library.

Quote:
That said, when making epubs for production, I put in whatever the boss (SWMBO!) supplies. Who knows? Someday vendors may make them searchable, like keywords on a web page.
Gotta do what you gotta do!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote