View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
iamosam
Enthusiast
iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Frontlit ereaders and eye strain

Hai,
I am thinking about buying my first ereader. I am an avid reader (laptop). My primary concern is of course eye strain (I spent 10-15 hrs on laptop and my eyes are killing me), next is portability (I like to read while on the go). I also read at bed time.

Can some existing users comment on the front light eink displays? Does it cause eye strain, should I be better off with a reader without light, how long can you read with lights on without any eye strain etc.

Also as the frontlit displays are first-generation models would it be better to buy an ereader without light now and wait for the second incarnations?
iamosam is offline   Reply With Quote