View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #742
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This idea of applied color:

I'm wondering how these will wear from constant use and holding.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how well plastic bodies wear? (The nearest thing I can think of is how rapidly my mouse wears - the one I currently use and the others that I've owned over the years. For example, the red color is considerably worn from my Microsoft mouse, whereas the lower black/shiny plastic area is still perfect.)

Don
I have the impression that the coating is more than paint, but so would
have been the case with your mouse. Materials Science advances very
rapidly and it's hard to say how wear will effect the case.

I may still spray a reasonably thick coat of the tool handle stuff on the case,
for some added cushioning as well as a better grip. One thing about the
"Plastic Dip" product is that it can be peeled off, even after it has cured,
yet it can still function as a tool grip surface and is unlikely to come off as
you use the Aura HD.
--------------------------
On my 5th coat with 1 more to go. I'm giving it an hour between coats and it says
to wait at least 4 hrs before using what you have applied the coating to. So, my
cushioned, easy to grip Aura will then be black instead of brown, in about 5 hrs.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-03-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote