View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
The "on demand" version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is a free download. You can then pay to upgrade it to the Pro version -- which I have.

If you stick with the free version you will have to update it (just click the button) before using it (or else you'll be using an out of date database) and then run it manually. There are three levels of scans -- a flash scan (quick, but superficial), a fast scan (the one I run every day), and a full scan. On my computer (XP, with a 500 GB hard drive) a quick scan takes half an hour. A full scan takes several hours -- I run it rarely, and then set it to run overnight.

But, with the free version, if you don't specifically run it, it's not running. There is no need to uninstall it.

The Pro version does run all the time, in the background, unless you choose to stop it.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote