View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #42
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
I was not aware of these users having an affiliate relationship with Amazon I only use their posts to acquire Amazon freebies, so how much is 4% for $0.00
It's true that we make very little from these ... so we have to make it up in volume!

Keep in mind, many links you click throughout the internet are affiliate links (including many on places like facebook and google - where original aff links can be changed for google ones, from what I've seen). Each time you click one, the person or company getting credit for your shopping changes. Amazon never charges you extra for using an affiliate link (they just pocket the extra 4%, if you don't use one).

Some ebookstores only credit thru the first purchase, so if you buy the free book, the affiliate gets nothing at all. I've only seen one promotion (in many years) that gave affiliates credit for all sales, even those that were free, as a volume bonus, so it's very, very unusual for those links to result in much income).

ps. If you are wondering why anyone bothers with those links, in that case - it's often sheer laziness; if I've already created a link on my blog, I just copy it here, if I also post that book (and I often don't, on bargain books), rather than creating a new link without the aff tags.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote