View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #6
kissyfish
Connoisseur
kissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
In the end they removed the built-in SDHC card reader, and they had the device priced way too high. I did like the form factor and the screen though, I hope the next version is not missing features and is priced much better.
Well, this was the one I was really excited about, it looked really slick, and the integration with corporate apps (outlook, word, etc) was compelling, though I disliked the WinCE OS, I might have been willing to overlook it.

I guess I am now more glad that I bought the iPad, as I still have a decent ereader (dons flame-retardant outfit), and can do basic productivity things like email calendar and word processing. And towards the end they were talking about $800-$1000, which after the iPad set the $500 entry price, was too much.

Oh well, I will watch android closely, as it looks promising, as long as it does not get to fragmented, or designed-by-committee-ish.

RIP
kissyfish is offline   Reply With Quote