View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
If somebody told me 5-10 years ago Apple would be doing this, I'd laugh in their face and call them a liar!
That's the problem with Apple fans. Even now, far too many people hold the attitude that Microsoft is evil, but Apple is your friend. Sorry, but that's bull. Apple is every bit as 'evil' and monopolising as Microsoft ever was. The difference is purely in the fact that Microsoft came under heavy scrutiny (particularly in the EU) because having 90% market share in OS means they had a giant target on their backs.

In the last few years, in particular, I actually feel like Microsoft is the lesser of two evils. Although, I suppose I should give Steve Jobs credit for having the guts to screw us right to our faces, rather than behind the back. So, um, kudos for that. By the way, in the awesome irony that is life, I'm currently writing this on my gorgeous 20" iMac...

Quote:
(that's the Commission for Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, a.k.a. Haia in local slang - or as we like to call them The God Squad).
I think Job Steve'o can expect a honourary membership invitation in the mail! He earned it.

I was aware of Haia, but had no idea about the little nickname. God Squad. That's great.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote